Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weigh-in #5...KK's Killin' It!

This week I lost 6.6 pounds! It almost feels like my body is really eager to get this weight off, so it is cooperating with me fully. I am happy with my number this week, but of course Gertrude (bad head voice) is not. Logically, here is what I know: My weight loss goal every week is 5 lbs. This week I lost 1.6 pounds more than my goal. I should be completely thrilled! And for the most part I am. But Gertrude wants more. She tells me "6.6 pounds isn't good enough! Why didn't you lose 10?" I know I can't listen to that part of me. There is a difference between wanting to excel and listening to Gertrude. 5 pounds a week is a healthy goal for me. I've lost massive amounts of weight per week before, and that didn't work out for me. Moderation is key.

My nutrition is pretty much on point, although parts of it are harder than others. For example, I don't know if I will ever be a breakfast person, much less make it the biggest meal of my day. But I have been brainwashed by countless TV commercials over the years telling me "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" And unlike most TV commercials, that is actually the truth! (Although the rest of the commercial advertising cereal consisting of massive amounts of sugar as part of a healthy breakfast is not quite so true.) So I have been shoving food in my piehole every morning like a good girl, a healthy mix of protein, carbs, dairy, and veggies. Another thing I need to watch out for is being a little too lenient with my calories right after a weigh-in. Nothing major, and nothing I would even really qualify as "cheating," but I still need to correct this habit in order to maximize my weight loss. Like for example, right after a weigh-in I may be more apt to go maybe 100-200 over my calorie goal because I rationalize that I have plenty of time left to lose my weight. So one of my goals this week is not to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment